Are you looking for a delicious and healthy treat for your furry friend? Look no further than these simple dog pancakes made with just three ingredients! This recipe is perfect for dog owners who want to treat their pets to a tasty and nutritious snack.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 100g of plain flour*
- Mash the ripe banana into a bowl with a fork until it is a smooth consistency.
- Add the egg and flour, beating until a smooth batter is formed.
- This batter can be fried like a classic pancake or used in a waffle maker. If frying, use a small amount of coconut or olive oil. It can be useful to use an oil spray, meaning only a few drops are used to grease the pan and prevent sticking.
* For dogs prone to pancreatitis, steer clear of the oil altogether.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and drop spoonfuls of the batter onto the pan.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Let the pancakes cool completely before serving to your dog as a treat or addition to their meal.
Dog-friendly pancake toppings:
Peanut butter: A classic and popular topping for dogs, peanut butter provides healthy fats and protein. Just make sure to use unsweetened peanut butter without xylitol.
Cooked chicken or turkey: Cooked meat makes a great topping for dog pancakes and provides extra protein for your furry friend.
Cooked, pureed sweet potato: Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and make a tasty topping for dog pancakes.
Fresh berries: Berries like blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries are low in sugar and high in antioxidants, making them a healthy topping for dog pancakes.
Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is a good source of calcium and protein and can be used as a topping for dog pancakes.
Remember to keep the toppings dog-friendly and to always check with your veterinarian before making any dietary changes for your pet.
These simple dog pancakes are not only delicious, but also packed with nutrients. Bananas are a great source of potassium, fibre, and vitamin B6, while eggs are rich in protein and healthy fats.
These pancakes are also incredibly easy to make, and can be customized to your dog's individual needs and tastes. You can add in some peanut butter, mashed sweet potatoes, or even some diced carrots for added flavor and nutrition.
In conclusion, if you're looking for a quick and healthy treat for your furry friend, try making these simple dog pancakes. Your dog will love the taste and you'll love how easy they are to make!